3D Modeling with the Topographer
Atlas Modeler Workspace
- Show models as smooth surfaces, polygon meshes, or points.
- Display neuron bodies or other cells as spheres or points when modeled.
Export to PLY
- Export edited model to PLY format for easy 3rd party rendering.
Hide portion of contour
- Designate a portion of the model’s contour as “not rendered” so that inner structures are featured.
Lighting, color, and opacity parameters
- Define global ambient light, surround lighting, color, and opacity per structure.
- Rotate, scale and pan the 3D model with the mouse.
- Measures, in microns, count per volume, area, count per area, and distance.
Serial section alignment
- Uses dual point alignment to automatically align serial sections.
- Export BMP files with SVG overlay for dynamic resizing of tracings without distortion.
Object selection and manipulation tools
- Includes select by color, select with polygon, select with rectangle, and select from data list.
- Rotate, resize, change Z height, change color, Z sort, change resolution, and open/close polygon.
Object editing tools
- Include split and join objects, straighten edge, redefine edge, delete objects.